Check out my other hobby!

y2says

This is my 1992 Toyota MR2 Turbo. It is both a show and a race car that produces about 300 horsepower at the wheels (about 350 horsepower). I've owned it for about 6 years now since I was 18 and my brother owned it for about 3 years before me. It has gone through a lot much like my fish tanks.
The headlights are custom using PIAA foglights as my headlights.

y2says

This is the 4th set of wheels that has been on this car. These are Blitz Type-03 wheels. 18x9 in the rear and 17x8 in the front. Tires are 255/35 rear and 215/40 fronts, Bridgestone S02 tires.

y2says

Picture of the left side showing the TOM's hood scoop. This brings in more air into the turbo. The body kit is a TOM's body kit with Bomex front bumper. Everything is from Japan and molded into the body.

fishkiller

What's your 0-60? My best is 5.1, and that was with the old tires. I know I've had better times than that w/ the newer tires. I run in a Pontiac Firebird Formula. You know, w/ the Chevy 350 LT1. It's a 6-speed. She's white, and spotless. And she's for sale...:(

y2says

My best 1/4 mile is 13.5 @ 105mph. That's running on a 90degree day, with the 18" wheels, bad syncros from 1st to 2nd and on pump gas. That was the first time I ever dragged raced too. I was also only pushing 17psi. Next time I'll have it tuned up better and push about 19-20psi with smaller wheels and tires. I'm sure I'll be in the 12's easily.

kmax

Very nice... we have similiar "other hobbies." :)
http://www.boostedmaximas.com/y2kevse/images/ <~~ Mods
2000 Nissan Maxima turbocharged at 10 psi which produces 317 wheel horsepower and 314 ft lbs. torque (which is about 380 horsepower from 222 horsepower from the manufacturer).
Nissan picked my car to show in their booth at Hot Import Nights in San Mateo, CA on April 5, 2003.

kmax

Turbonetics T4/T04E ceramic ball-bearing turbo. 60 trim compressor and .81 A/R. Running Aquamist water injection.

kmax

18" X 8.5" Volk Racing LE37K rims with 245/40 Bridgestone RE730 tires. Brembo Gran Turismo big brake kit for the front wheels.

kmax

********:
Tomei air fuel gauge
Apex boost and EGT gauges
Blitz SBC iD boost controller
Blitz DTT DCII
Momo parking brake handle
Razo pedals
Apex Rev/Speed Meter
Apex Super AFC

kmax

Originally posted by DvSKiN
simply gorgeous guys!! I love both the cars. K, can we get a full car shot?? I used to have a GT Turbo probe, that I suped up, garret 3 turbo, new intercooler, cool air intake, all the works, then someone wanted to rear end me, the day after I got the new ntercooler, and totaled the car! I was mad to say the least!! But your car's are gorgeous.
DVS

Thank you for the compliment, DVS. :)
Sorry about the accident. :( Do you have pics of your car? Have you ran it at the track or dyno'ed it?

josh

Car guys :)
First nice cars! Second, I went and test drove the new Rx-8 today and liked it too much! Any thoughts on the car?
Thanks