Check out my rics!

nordy

I have built my ric rock with livestock from Flricordia, SWF.com, and another online retailer. They seem to be thriving as I have gotten my calcium and alk balanced, supplemented with iodine, coralvite, and strontium/molybendum, per directions. They are large and healthy looking and are one of my favorite tank inhabitants!
Now, it looks like I may be having a "blessed event", with one of my green rics starting to bud a couple of weeks ago. First pic is of the rock, second is a closeup of what looks like a new ric about to be split off.

nordy

It's a rock, any size, that you glue your ricordias onto. Grouping them together makes them more attractive, kinda like flower arranging where grouping colors/styles adds interest. Of course, these are animals, not flowers, and they can and will wander around your tank unless they either settle down and attach themselves to a rock, or more likely, the reefkeeper attaches them w/superglue to rocks. Securing them to a rock also allows you to place the rock, with all its inhabitants, in a good place for optimum light/flow for the entire rock. And, it looks really cool!
Do a search on ricordias for some ideas on what people do with them and how they attach them. ScopusTang has a post on how to get loose rics to attach themselves to bits of rubble. Once the ric attaches itself to a bit of rock, then you can glue that rock to a bigger rock and make your own ric rock. For the King of Ricordias, see posts by Flricordia-his tank is a most awesome setup for rics.

Thats beautiful ric rock man, I just got my first ric in my 28g, I glued it onto the center cave rock..I plan to cover the rock in rics :) yours is inspiring, great work.

oceanlover

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! FLRicordia has beautiful rics and I am lucky to have some of them too. Your rock is a work of art and you should send it on a vaction to Northern California (at my house!)!!

beautful i really like the colors on the rock the neon green one sort of in the middle on the bottom of the picture is my favorite

bizzleb01

Very nice. I just started one myself with a couple. One of my rics is on a rock that has some pretty sweet zoas on it. I hope that won't become a problem in the future with the zoas and rics together. Now that I think about it will the zoas sting the rics?