Check This Guy Out:)

F

fishlovr

While on vacation took this picture (Nikon 885) of a rhinopias at Old Town Aquarium in Chicago .........only cost $1600.00!
fishlovr

F

fishlovr

I agree! I've got him for a desktop picture right now and see him everytime I sit down at the computer:) Close as I'll ever get to owning one.........
fishlovr

lovethesea

wow, strange looking. I have never seen one of them even in the public aquariums. thanks for the pic.:)

chandler04

Member of the scorpion family most likely. B-A EUtiful though. Seems like a touhy fish though, like it might die easy. Ill ask my freind if he knows much about em though.

F

fishlovr

I have a giant black frogfish as my favorite "pet" in a 29 gallon tank all by himself. I call him "Ollie". Like the frogfish rhinopias have the ability to lose their color if not kept in surroundings to encourage them to keep a vibrant color. A friend told me that the Omaha Zoo had a rhinopias that was bright purple when first purchased. It turned to a washed out tan after being there a while......I do believe they are venomous.
fishlovr

bulzebe

:eek: Wow, how much was it? They've got this huge one at my Not So Local Fish Store. It's about three times the size of the one in the pic... I've gotta admit, those things are trippy.

F

fishlovr

You read right, $1600.00! Hard to imagine isn't it? I was told that 2 years ago they had a hot pink one for only $2400.00:)
Fishlovr

adhoc

Originally posted by Magic_Carp
um thats called CAMO...

Big time camo. It's really easy to overlook the fish in the tank they keep it in. It blends right in with the corals on display, every time I visit I forget too and get wowwed when I see it.

bulzebe

Wow.. That's a great price for something like that.. Nice size as well.. Also, that is some great camo. I remember when I saw one of those for the first time: 'Hey, look at this cool lookin' rock'! :rolleyes: