Check this out...

nm reef

...a few days ago I got my hands on a Canon G5 camera. Doesn't do a dang thing to improve my reef...but I'm thinkin' my pics may improve just a bit. Lots of you folks have seen pics from my Canon S45...heck I've been sharing them here for about two years now. Those of you that have viewed my pics in the past...tell me...does this seem to be a bit of an improvement in picture quality?

footbag

Very nice pics. I need a new camera also. I purchased one for work (sony cybershot), and I try to use it for the reef. No dice. IT can't focus and the macro mode doesn't work well. The cannon G5 is the ultimate!

nm reef

I'll post more later...as I get more familiar with the new camera...for now here is a group shot...

sergeant

NM your pics look great.
If you shoot a piece and is not too clear try using a mignifier lens between your cam and the tank. You will see the diference.
Tito

Have you ever thought about getting the s60 and using the underwater WB? I'm curious how that would work while not being underwater; but taking pictures of fish/corals that are... underwater? haha.:notsure:

bona42na

Very nice . NM is that just with the macro mode or did you get a macro lense as well. I have a G3 which is similar and I got the adapter and 10x lense and the shots are plain awesome. You get to see things on the livestock that you almost cant see without the lense. If you dont have one I would suggest looking into them . Either way the shots are great!

mkengr45

Hey no fair, I also have Canon G5 and my pics usually suck. What setting did you have it on, and how far from the glass were you. Great pics, wish I could do the same. I really havent played with the camera much at all, I guess I need to do some homework on it.
how about some shots of your incredible zoos, please please please.
Randy

freeride7

awesome pics. I also just go tthe G5 and have been experimenting. I find the macro setting on the camera doesn't take quality close ups. I like to go in really close ond use the manual setting. I tinker with all the settings (aperature, focus e.t.c) from that point untill I get a nice pic.