check this yellow tang out.

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by saltn00b
actually that is pretty sad. it is not a freak accident it is the outcome of a sick growing trend in europe and asia that is starting to seep into the US now too. fish mutilation and alteration. that is the first i have seen of a SW species but they take a lot of FW fish and chop there tails off to make them have that round look. they also take fish and Laser-Tattoo individual scales in patterns or pictures. this is rediculous and angers me very much.
that is horrible :scared:

wangotango

i dont think its bs. freshwater glass fish (which are pretty much clear, hence the "glass") often get injected with a die to make them look pretty. neon blue, flamingo pink, and lime green are not natural fish colors

cjml

Originally Posted by saltn00b
actually that is pretty sad. it is not a freak accident it is the outcome of a sick growing trend in europe and asia that is starting to seep into the US now too. fish mutilation and alteration. that is the first i have seen of a SW species but they take a lot of FW fish and chop there tails off to make them have that round look. they also take fish and Laser-Tattoo individual scales in patterns or pictures. this is rediculous and angers me very much.
Disgusting if true......... :mad: :mad:

ryanhayes9

Originally Posted by shogun323
Dan. I didn't know you worked at Victoria's Secret. I thought you worked at Chik-Fil-A?!?!?!

i work at chick fil a i get paid every 2 weeks lol

garnet13aj

That tang is so cool, if my tank was set up I would bid on it, but alas it will be months before I'll be getting any big fish :(

hatessushi

ryanhayes wrote;
i work at chick fil a i get paid every 2 weeks lol

That's to bad you lost your job at Victoria's Secret, I bet that was a cool job for a guy to have. Out of curiosity, why did you lose your job? Did you get fired for err...well (can't say) or did you quit? ***)

imurnamine

Originally Posted by HatesSushi
ryanhayes wrote;
That's to bad you lost your job at Victoria's Secret, I bet that was a cool job for a guy to have. Out of curiosity, why did you lose your job? Did you get fired for err...well (can't say) or did you quit? ***)

He didn't work at V.S.
I work at V.S.
I think you misread.

alyssia

Originally Posted by garnet13aj
That tang is so cool, if my tank was set up I would bid on it, but alas it will be months before I'll be getting any big fish :(

People buying fish like that are the reason they mutilate MORE of them.

cmonikao

I don't like it either, but I thought I'd mention that we have been docking tails off of dogs for hundreds of years.
But for the record, my Min Pin still has his big, huge ears that he was born with. Alot of vets won't clip them anymore. In fact just this morining I noticed that one of them was bleeding, probably from wrestling with our pomeranian puppy and getting it bit. Maybe his ears give him a handicap in the scrum... we have two pomeranians and he could whoop them at anytime but he doesn't, he kindof watches over everyone and takes the abuse.

corky

Yeah, but chopping a tang like that is like removing the rear paws of a dog.
About that bracelet... was that a real aquarium you wear on your wrist?

I want one.

imurnamine

Is it not one sharp bracelet?! It is teh pwn.
Yeah, I think cutting the tail off a fish and clipping a dogs ears or tails are two totally different things.
It makes it harder for them to swim. The only thing it really does to dogs is hurts for a while. Though, I DO agree that it is mean... But Dobermans and Boxers DO look best that way....