Check what I picked up this week.

vcreefer26

I picked this up a Thursday when I played hooky from work and went to a new LFS. It is a Sea Apple and it is about the size of a baseball and is very brightly colored with reds and purples and yellows. In the pics it has its feeding arms extended out and it will randomly pull one in at a time into its mouth and the pull it out. From what I was told it is a filter feeder. Let me know what you think.

stanlalee

Originally Posted by ROYAL GANG
how does it kil it? i wanted to get one also..
if it dies (or gets stressed) it releases poison into the water that kills everything else in the tank much like when a boxfish dies. if you get it out quickly, run carbon and do water changes you may salvage some livestock.

aquageek

I thing you may want to try cyclops eez to feed it too. good luck! It is an awesome looking animal, I am too chicken to get one.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by VCReefer26
I picked this up a Thursday when I played hooky from work and went to a new LFS. It is a Sea Apple and it is about the size of a baseball and is very brightly colored with reds and purples and yellows. In the pics it has its feeding arms extended out and it will randomly pull one in at a time into its mouth and the pull it out. From what I was told it is a filter feeder. Let me know what you think.
Not at gun point! Search Cuke Nuke!

qbnfreek

I had a sea apple which lasted about 3 years. When he died I lost over $2000.00 worth of fish and corals, needless to say the 1 year worth of recycling the tank to remove the toxins. Wish you better luck!- Qbnfreek

cyclops

They are pretty. Too bad everyone is so set against it, but I can see where most people are coming from.

lanceafer

The fist saltwater take I owed had one of them in it.........it lasted for about a year. Then I gave up when I lost EVERYTHING. I’m just getting back into it now. I don’t want to tell you what to but I would really recommend taking that back.

reeferdave

my lfs in st charles has like 4 of them for 50 bux.. i would also be very carfull that they can kill all that is in your tank. its almost not worth having

wangotango

my lfs always has them. it would totally stink if one of them died, and whiped out the 685 gallons worth of coral they have, thats a lot of money, which is why i dont keep them. just make sure nothing falls on it that could cut it open too.

peter1215

you couldnt pay me to put a sea apple in my tank. I know two people who's entire tank was wiped out because one of these died in the tank !!!! get rid of it man , there are too many other beautiful sea animals out there to take a chance with one of these.