Chem-Marin Stop Parasites

old_salt

I have tried it in a 46G display tank and followed the instructions exactly and it just gave the fish some temporary relief but the fish still ended up being removed and placed in Hyposalinity. I now use it when a new fish shows signs of ich during the first few days of Hypo. At the start of hypo ich attacks like crazy and I have found that Stop Parasite does seem to distract some of the parasites long enough to get the salinity down to 1.008. Before doing this, I lost many fish during the start of hypo. I will not use it in any display tanks again, only in my hypo tanks.

hefner413

Got some of this STOP PARASITE for use in addition to Hypo like some others have recommended. MAN - it seems like hot sauce or something?! What is this stuff???

darthsimon

Killed 8 of my fish off.. Was on mhy 4th dose, second day..... Fish turned pale as a ghost 20 minutes later, and all croked!!! And yes, I did use the right dosage...

darthsimon

To Add,
I now have the one fish that survived in that tank in Hypo... Ich has dropped of him for 3 days...
Have to wait 3 weeks...

hefner413

Wow, maybe I'll only use the Hypo and no stop parasite. Just wondering - which is still alive? I've only had ick show on 2 fish in 2 wks. All the rest are strong - no spots. Still doing hypo though - will kill it once and for all.

shogun323

Originally Posted by Hefner413
Got some of this STOP PARASITE for use in addition to Hypo like some others have recommended. MAN - it seems like hot sauce or something?! What is this stuff???
Funny you would make the comparison to hot sauce. Stop Parasites along with many other alleged reef safe ich meds is pepper based. It irritates the fish so it produces extra slime coat. The goal with these meds is that with the extra slime coat that the ich wont be able to attach to the fish.
I have tried Stop-Parasites and found it to be worthless. However it does go great on Nachos!!!

darthsimon

My False Pecula Clown survived.. His coat up until I started the hypo looked awful... Lots of skin blotches. 4 days into hypo SG at 1.009 his coat is perfect. He is back to a bright orange skin..... No signs of ich anywhere....