chevron tang experience

R

rockcod5

What experiences has anyone had with this fish. is it an ick magnet and are they pretty hardy?

larrynews

i had read and heard it is...but the people who have them seem to love them...wonderful looking fish!!!! good luck

joker_ca

VERY TRUE AS THEY MATURE THEY LOSE THEIR GREAT COLORATION, BUT IF YOU FEED IT WELL AND GIVE IT PERFECT WATER QUALITY YOU SHOULDNT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS KEEPING ONE, AND YES TANGS ARE ICH MAGNETS BUT ONLY WHEN THEY ARE NOT GIVEN A PROPER DIET, HOUSED IN A SMALL TANK, AND BULLIED SO YOU NEED TO QT ONE AND ASK IF IT CAN BE FEED BECAUSE A TANG THAT EATS ALWAYS HAS A BETTER CHANCE AT SURVIVAL

pinktail

Just got one home for about a week. So far he has been doing well, nipping at algaes the whole day. To be honest, we did not decide to buy a chervon tang until we see an adult chevron. The adult one will be mainly black, with the faded patterns on the body. I was told it will be a great honor to be able to keep one from juvenile to adult. We will try our luck!

R

rockcod5

Thanks for the info. My lfs has them on sale for $49.99 and was not sure to spend the money on a fish that will die. Just because a fish is expensive doesn't mean it is a good one.