Chevy tahoe hybride?

digitydash

Anyone have one and is it worth the 50k.What is the gas mileage on it?I have read 21m city and 24 highway.To me it does not seem all that good for something I could not work on.Just curious.Was thinking of a hybrid truck for work but wanted to see if it would be worth it.

travis89

Not sure if you need the bigger size or not but the Ford Escape Hybrid is supposed to get about 30-35 mpg and costs about 30K. Personally I wouldn't spend that much on the Tahoe.

digitydash

I was looking for something that could pull a 25ft boat but get good gas milelage so a escape would not be good enough for that.

slpcamaro

plus it's a ford lol, i saw some guy try to tow his boat out with an escape once it was either that or and explorer, either way I know it was some ford suv. The boat pulled him in, it was great I got out to help him but me and my friend couldn't stop laughing as we did.

digitydash

Originally Posted by slpcamaro
http:///forum/post/2588074
plus it's a ford lol, i saw some guy try to tow his boat out with an escape once it was either that or and explorer, either way I know it was some ford suv. The boat pulled him in, it was great I got out to help him but me and my friend couldn't stop laughing as we did.

travis89

probably an escape

spiderwoman

Not sure what the gas mileage is but both Tahoe and Burb will pull it nicely. We've got a Z71 4x4 Burb and we've pulled all types of heavy objects on a long flat bed and most of the time didn't even feel there was nothing being towed.

reefraff

If you want to pull a big boat and get good milage look at diesels. You can make legal modifications to the engines that will get you mileage in the mid 20's. My 02 Powerstroke crewcab 4x4 will pull 22-24 if I keep it under 70 with only minor mods and the newer models do even better. My brother has a 04.5 Dodge dually with a larger exhaust and electronic tuner and he gets in the mid 20's driving like a bat out of hell on the highway.
They ain't cheap but you have to look at it as a long term investment. For 50 grand you can get a nice truck that is going to last a long time. If you don't get at least 200,000 miles out of the truck you did something seriously wrong.
Add to that the ability to use bio fuels or synthetic fuel made from coal they are really pretty eco friendly.

digitydash

Thats a good idea but deisel is rediculos here $4.75 + gal.In that aspect I might as well take a truck with less gas mileage.

spiderwoman

Diesel is redicilous here that is true. Hubby drives a Ford F-350 duely and that baby drinks, it's insane. He already said he'll take out one of his Merkur's and start driving with race fuel
Definitely the diesel truck pulls better but if you also want to have a nice car to drive around in then you'll go with a power SUV.

digitydash

Funny thing is 5 years ago diesel was cheaper that gas.Now it almost a $1 more a gallon.I was looking at a tundra crew max yesterday and their is only a 3 gallon difference in gas mileage between the 2 and it is 15k less and loaded.This is why I wanted to know if these gas mileages where accurate on the tahoe.

stdreb27

I don't know, but you should be able to get more than 24 mpg on a hybrid suv. If all you want to do is tow bass boat, you might consider getting light truck and doing that, when we had the ranger we would get about 25 mpg. And that will tow something light, (you won't get above 70 tho)

tx reef

Sounds unlikely...
I pulled my 22' Sailboat out of the lake and towed it home with a Ford Explorer (2 door) and it did just fine......the sailboat weighs about 3,000 lbs.

digitydash

What I would be pulling with it is a 25ft open fisherman.Looking at the specs of the boat it is 4000lb dry w/o motor.