Chicago land area trading club

calylove

slednecks, i would still be interested, actually sounds really interesting. call me at 6302158565. I will wait to hear from you today. I live in Plainfield , work in Naperville. Maybe we could meet somewhere? Also my plan would be to let it hatch in my 90. Its ready to go and currently just has live sand live rock and a half dozen little blue leg crabs and acouple porcelain crabs. Plenty of room for the little guy to swim etc once he hatches. Anyway call me today and let me know what you want to do.

johnbaker

Anyone live in or near Schaumburg? In Crystal Lake by me there is a bank that lets out their small banquit room in the evenings for FREE, but I dont know if the drive is good for everyone.:notsure:

S

slednecks

calylove, I gave you a cal and I think I lost your call! My # is (630) 479-1688

drummerbum

any where is good for me as long as its within chicago or the suburbs. and early to mid afternoon sounds good to me

johnbaker

Well guys and gals, I'm open for any Schaumburg meeting location suggestions. No matter what we all have got to meet and get this thing rolling. If we have to we can meet in the Woodfield mall parking lot. It's cheesy but Schaumburg seems to be the middle for most. So how does the 27th - 10a.m. sound to everyone?
I should have my fragging tank up next week so in a couple of months i'll have lots to trade. For now I have a nice piece of frog spawn, a bunch of finger leather, possibly a bulb tip anomone, and after I get the frag tank up I'll be fragging my blue, red, and green recorida shrooms. I cant wait to see what you guys are bringing! Anyone got any Xzenia?:jumping:

newone

It sounds good to me. But if it is at the mall parking lot, can I go in and get a latte?:hilarious I have my anthelia frag all ready and it is looking good for my first frag.
:happyfish :happyfish

fishyrishy

:rolleyes: hello, john it's seems like you have a great idea! but i must say i think we can find a better pleace to have this frag swap then in a mall parking lot. is there any one who could have it at there house or even there garage? i live off on I 294 and cicero ave. anyone is more than welcome to stop by have a soda, enjoy the company of a feller fish nut! buy trade some live stock, i dont think i would like to check out frags in the back of someones trunk, do you?even better yet why not wait till the summer? then we could go to busse woods, and do some fresh water fishun:D just what i think for what ever it's worth:happyfish

johnbaker

I agree that a parking lot swap would suck!!!! However we need to start somewhere soon. The sooner we get this started the better. Im sure we'll find an appropriate spot by the 27th. Summer swaping at Busse is an awesome idea, by then hopefully we will have more people interested.

mazdaspeed

Wow was kinda shocked to find this atually... I've done trading card meets, import car meets but never a fish meet... Sounds like fun! I live in Aurora don't really have much to offer as I just kinda started this whole salt water endevour but would love to sit and chat and learn from the more experianced people... Car meets in Schaumburg work but as for swapping some critters don't think a parking lots a good idea... Maybe someones house would be better planned...

johnbaker

I agree but no one from the schaumburg area has replied and offered to host or give a good suggestion as to where we can meet, but the wife and I are always looking.:confused:

g13

Meeting up with fellow reefers would be cool. I wouldn't have much to trade maybe just some red shrooms and blue ricordea. I live by Midway airport in Chicago.
Email is....... pipn8ez13@aol.com

spicey

hey guys this sounds pretty neat i live in Mt. Greenwood on the south side of chcago and id be interested as well. if it would work better i could set something up at my high school cause i go to the agricultural school and they would prolly love to have something like this. also i was searching on the web and found some frag trading club that gets together in shaumburg every once in a while. i think i might want to check that out too.

leadian

I would like to get involved in this, I just moved back to NW IN
and have lots of coral, shroom and zoo frags to trade as well as clown fry. My colt is well over due. He's about 15" wide and 12" tall, with one of his trunks at a 4" diamater

g13

Originally posted by leadian
I would like to get involved in this, I just moved back to NW IN
and have lots of coral, shroom and zoo frags to trade as well as clown fry. My colt is well over due. He's about 15" wide and 12" tall, with one of his trunks at a 4" diamater

What kind of clownfish?

g13

Sorry to hear about your pair of false percs. I'm hoping my black ocellaris start laying eggs. They've already paired up but have yet to lay eggs.:nope:

johnbaker

Hey, anyone got a motor home or a means to borrow one? A mobile meeting place. 12 days till the 1st meeting. Lets get it together guys. It's gonna be great!