Child Molester Walks

Y

yeffre kix

You have got to be kidding me! I am ashamed to live in California...the state where celebrities are never convicted even though they are guilty as sin. The Michael Jackson not guilty verdict is just the latest in a string of laughable decissions. How many complaints from different people will he have to get against him for the same thing?
LOCK UP WACKO JACKO!

ophiura

I do think the guy got away with something...but geez, look at the family that brought these charges. It is unfortunate that they were the one's to base the case on. Their history immediately throws that "reasonable doubt" thing into the verdict. There is no way to think he is guilty beyound a reasonable doubt with the case put forward. Its a shame, I think he is seriously ill...but as mentioned the next parent who lets their kid go to neverland or whereever has got to be a fool.

tangman99

Originally Posted by ophiura
I do think the guy got away with something...but geez, look at the family that brought these charges. It is unfortunate that they were the one's to base the case on. Their history immediately throws that "reasonable doubt" thing into the verdict. There is no way to think he is guilty beyound a reasonable doubt with the case put forward. Its a shame, I think he is seriously ill...but as mentioned the next parent who lets their kid go to neverland or whereever has got to be a fool.
Ophiura is absolutely right. There was no way he could be convicted with the witnesses the prosecution brought forward. The defense easily picked them apart and reasonable doubt was all over the place because of it. Is Jackson guilty? Not according to the jury, but neither was O.J. :thinking:
If I lived in California, I would be outraged that the state spent my taxes on even trying this case the way it was presented.

ophiura

Originally Posted by TangMan99
If I lived in California, I would be outraged that the state spent my taxes on even trying this case the way it was presented.
Yup, I agree whole heartedly with that. Saw the thing fall apart day by day. Smarmy family...but I can only hope deep down that in fact Jackson WAS innocent and that this kid wasn't just caught up in a bad family and a bad environment. I am assuming the cancer was not a lie!

xan

I'm just mad because he still has the titles to all those Beatles songs :p. STUPID jackson, even if he didn't do it, he deserves to be locked up for weirdom......

darth tang

Why would anyone be surprised by this. I was hoping for a guilty verdict as I believe he is guilty. However I did not follow the case as close as the jurors. The ultimate blame lays on the Prosecution. 3 major cases now where celebrities are tried and acquited in California. Maybe, California should look at changing their Prosecutors instead of blaming witnesses.........

nvmycj

Fine,
I'll give you the acquitals of all the charges.............EXCEPT the serving of alcohol to minors. If I recall correctly, when Jacko did that interview with that British journalist fellow, he admitted to serving wine to the kids. And then the jury acquits him of those charges??!!??
It's not innocent until proven guilty,..........it's innocent cuz he showed dem da money!!!
The man is ill, mentally. Look what he subjected his body and face to. Look how he treats his chilren..........hanging them off of a balcony...........parading them around the world with vails over their faces........... I just don't understand such a parents behavior, and reguarding Jacko I use the term "parent" very carefully.
I hate to say this, but not only is HE ill, but I believe that his followers/fans/idolators are equally eccentric. (sorry, no spell check) His supporters idolize him. IDOLIZE a musician..... I just don't understand. Hmmmmmmmmmm........

jer4916

jackson is so guilty...come on a 45 year old man who sleeps with boys....proven guilty right there.

ericp2311

Yeah, MJ is a DEFINATE freak...but what about the parents? Would you let your child play on the freeway? No way! So, would you let them spend the night at Neverland? No way!
If this poor child really WAS molested, then the parents certainly share a large portion of the responsibility.

nemo lover

I personally feel that he won't be able to control his bad habits for the rest of his life and sooner or later it will catch up with him. It sucks to say that but it will hopefully sooner than later.
and I grew up with a neighbor who had muscular distorphy<sp and his make a wish was to stay at never never land and he got it. He personally said it was the time of his life so I am a bit confused. also I wasn't there didn't see the facts or hear the testamony so I don't know what to think.

ophiura

Originally Posted by NVMYCJ
Fine,
I'll give you the acquitals of all the charges.............EXCEPT the serving of alcohol to minors. If I recall correctly, when Jacko did that interview with that British journalist fellow, he admitted to serving wine to the kids. And then the jury acquits him of those charges??!!??..
I've recently heard some explaination on this ruling...the charge was worded such that it was "serving alcohol in order to commit a felony" so if they found him innocent on the molestation charges, they couldn't find him guilty on the alcohol charges. Anyway, it was NOT just "serving alcohol to a minor" like I thought.
Apparently, many on the jury do think he molested kids...just not this one. So in this case they really did do their job. They don't find him guilty of these particular charges.