Chiller advice

bklynz00

I have a 155 bowfront FOWLRLS 2 clowns, and couple of damsels. Iam seriously considering a chiller. Any suggestions on the size that I might be able to use for a tank of my size. Is it suggested to look for a used chiller ?? And where from? Or should I just air condition the room ?

richard rendos

I just bought a Custom Sealife 1/4 HP for my 120. I like it, but the Aqualogic I had before on another tank was quieter. If I had to do it again, I would get the AquaLogic. And 1/4 to 1/3 HP for your tank.

bklynz00

I was wondering, if any one knew a site, or place where I can purchase a used chiller... "Gheesh!!" These chillers are expensive. For what I need for my tank (155 bow LR/FO) is running in the $800. range.. Any suggestions ??

dirtybilge

Forget the chiller and put in an AC unit you can stay cool with your fish then, by the way you have a big tank put some big fish in it!

bklynz00

Thanks, but I was told to take my time with the fish... My tank only been established for about 2-3months now. And now Iam realizing that I'am in need of a chiller. It's getting warm here in NY now and the temp in the 155Gal. tank is rising as well.. "I'AM LOOKING FOR A USED CHILLER" any suggestions, any one ??

wamp

bklynz00
Just a thought here. What is the Temp of your tank? I looked in your Sig. Line and saw nothing that should raise the temp of the tank that much. Does your house have air?
The only reason I am asking is because sometimes heaters can go bad and give you a false reading on the dial and really be warmer than what you hae set it to. I have a 180 with 3 halides and 4 VHO. I don't need one. I thought I did until I found my heater was the problem.
Like i said, just a thought...

bklynz00

Hello there "Wamp" First, I must say thanks for the advice. My temp in the tank is approx. 76-78 degrees. My home is not centrally aired. And It can get very hot in the summer time in the house especially during working hours. We had a couple of warm days here and the tank was in the high 80's. Saying that, I know I have to do something before summer gets in full swing..