Chiller Advise

holliek2

Sorry I didn't realize there were a lot of varied uses for chillers! I am looking for a chiller to cool the water in my reef tank. Thanks.

flower

Get one that is geared to above what you need... I speak from experience, that way the compressor won't have to work overtime.. I have two and both are good. The ones I have are the AquaEuro and the Arctica

flower

I would also like to add... Chillers are not cheap, and most times a fan blowing on the water surface is enough to cool things down. A reef actually does quit well even when temps go into the 80s... we keep our tank cool to prevent algae, but a well established tank shouldn't have that problem to the extent that we have keep the tank in the 70s.

holliek2

Awesome thank you. It's a fortune keeping the house cool enough during the summer months in south Florida and my tank climbs into low 80's ... Killing my soft corals :(

I realized they were pretty expensive which is why I thought I would ask if anyone has recommendations as to good equipment.

flower

Awesome thank you. It's a fortune keeping the house cool enough during the summer months in south Florida and my tank climbs into low 80's ... Killing my soft corals :(

I realized they were pretty expensive which is why I thought I would ask if anyone has recommendations as to good equipment.

Hi,

Low 80s won't hurt your soft coral...in fact they actually like it, unless the lights are cooking it. Check your nitrates and phosphates