chiller outside of house?

lifeform

Hi, does anyone have their chiller installed outside of their house? I'm thinking about moving my chiller outside, but i'm trying to figure out how to protect it from the rain. Anyone have any pictures? Thanks in advance.

scsinet

I can tell you that the artica chillers are not designed nor recommended for outdoor use.
What I'd do is build a small structure with a waterproof roof that allows it to never be exposed to the elements.

pimpnfish

Originally Posted by SCSInet
http:///forum/post/2654031
I can tell you that the artica chillers are not designed nor recommended for outdoor use.
What I'd do is build a small structure with a waterproof roof that allows it to never be exposed to the elements.

Problem solved. You all can thank me later.

lifeform

I moved my chiller outdoors into a small shed, the room which my fish tank is in is so much cooler and quiet.

stdreb27

your neighbors are going to think you're crazy. That isn't a bad idea. I'm curious how weatherproof that little thing really is. I'd check it after your first big storm.

pimpnfish

I wouldnt wait for a storm. Cover that pump up and run the hose all over the shed/cover. Like you were power washing it maybe.
Then you wont have to wait for a storm and see if anything is ruined. ?!?