Chiller ?

cunningham

YOU WILL NEED A 1/2 HP I HAVE A AQUA EURO 1/4 HP FOR MY 95 REEF WORKS GREAT IT COST ME 550.00 I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE 1/2 COST BUT IT HAS THE HIGHEST BTU RATINGS AND LOWEST AMP DRAW

praisethel

Are any of these the drop in style? I'm sure I will need one of these come summer time..........no air and new halides.

dejaco

OK - I have had my 210 gal reef set up for 1 year now. The ARTICA "titanium Chiller" 1/3 HP in line works great. I set it for 78'F and my temps have been 77.5 to 78.5 steady. I am about to increase to 79 or 79.5 since I will be adding more corals and anemones soon. Stay a little cooler
and the growth of nuisance algae will slow in the initial stages of the tanks development. Cood luck and as I said the 1/3 HP in line is fine for a 210 - I know - I use one!

efishnsea

Yep dito on that... I have a 210 also w/3 250 mh's 4-96 atinic PC's, tank stays at a constant 78 with the 1/3hp Artica that thing is AWESOME.
.. A few weeks ago I added the fan you see in the picture to help with evaporation so that I could dose more kalk. It actually helped alot with the temp as the chiller rarely runs anymore
, just a couple times a day. As compared to turning on about every hour or so
....Good air flow is key
My tank is in the wall so I have extra room in the canopy.

Good Luck
efish :happyfish nsea