Chillers

laura

Would like to get some advise on chillers. Have a 120 gal. Need to bring temp down a few degrees. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks.......

laura

Temp is @ 82 now. I live in an area that has harsh summers. Since the temp is in the yellow on the thero. now, I thought it might be a good idea to get a chiller.....

Hi laura, our stays this temp in the day and drops to 78 at night, not sure were you live but you could try some fans to cool it, or do you run AC in summer monthes? chillers do work but can be pricey as I am sure you know, ..cya

laura

I do run my AC in the summer. Actually we have started running our AC now. I live in Texas and it gets very hot in the afternoons. What type of fans are you talking about? I have started putting bags of ice in the sump and it helps some.

total

I set my AC at 78. My tank temps go from 79.5 to 82 with the lights on and in the middle of the day. I'm in ST. Louis and the temp here has been in the middle 80's all of April. The first hot day we had my AC was off and the tank temp got to 85.6. Sence then the AC has been on auto. It seems to be working. Now my April electric bill hasn't shown up yet. Will see. Good luck
TTFN

kingbrd1

I live in Tucson, so I know about harsh summers, lost a few fish last year because of the temp change I would get in a day. We get the setting sun, it's hot! But we bought a shade for our porch and that's helped cool down the wall our tank is against. And as these other guys have said, my hood has 2 small fans from Radio Shack and they've helped me keep an almost constant 75-77 degrees.
King