Chocolate Chip Star

dlc

Looking for insight as to how to best care for CC. Feeding etc.. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

They like krill and seaweed. And to feed them I will put the right under one of there arms, and for the seaweed if you just put it up in the lettuce clip they will just help themselves. I think they are very easy to care for just do not put them in the same tank as any kind of invert.
Sarah :)

lovethesea

not reef safe.....but very interesting in our tank. You will have a lot of fun watching this little creature. He actually give our a piece of cut up shrimp. We get it from the seafood counter at our grocery. I "clean" it up and chop them into 2 or 3 pcs and freeze.
Usually 2-3 times a week we feed. He comes to the top of the tank to "sun" himself and usually hangs outward and we stick a piece of shrimp and he grabs on. OR if we don't catch him at the top we do the same as Clownfish. They are VERY busy in the tank. Make sure your rockwork is secure.

nicky1.8t

i wish the cc start were reef same there so cool my bro had one in his fowlr for a while its such a cool looking star

P

pinanomanda

so there's absolutely no inverts that you should keep him with? will he eat them or will they eat him?

lovethesea

He will have a very expensive meal at your expense. I witnessed one pry open a clam :eek: They will munch on mushrooms for appetizers.