Chocolatechip Starfish How do you feed

allaen

I have just goten a chocolatechip Star Fish I am a little worried about feeding. If anyone can help with how you are to feed them plz let me know. I have a Green brittal star but it seems to feed easly.

S

starfishjackedme

They are a pita. I fed mine a piece of shrimp or something like that every few days. Sometimes they take it, sometimes not. I think what they would really like are some nice corals to munch on. I got really tired of dealing with mine so i gave him away. Brittles and serpents are much better eaters.

spankr

I have a Chocolate Chip star and a Golden star. Once a week I take feed them one of those Krill cubes that you get in a pack.
All I do is pick up the star and put the cube under him and place him on the rock. Both of my stars eat this way. Once they have the food they won't move for about 12 hours. They just sit there and chow down. I also use shrimp instead of the krill cubes.
Just my 2cents. ;)

S

sinner's girl

ummm? I don't know if you have to feed him, he'll clean the glass and bottom of the tank. We did fed ours a bit of shrimp now and then, I belive my guy just put it next to one of his legs, the star would take, or put in in the center of him. hope that helps.

S

starfishjackedme

They do need to eat from time to time when open. All of the tentacles will be out and maybe an arm or two raised. This is when I fed mine with no prob.

fishman1

I feed my chip 2 to 3 time a week . I feed him silver sides. Bring him to front of you tank. Give it food that is thaw out and place it under him and lightly press him to the glass. He will eat. The fish that get away can placed close to he arms and he might take it. Do not pull the star off the glass while he is eating he could get damaged. And by the way they will eat other star fish. And corals and shroms.I kid you not. I have my star by him self in a tank with rock. YOUR TRUULY Fishman1 :D