Christmas Break Problem!!! AAHHHHHHH!!!!

asharp13

ok so i know its early but this problem just dawned on me. i go to school in Boulder, CO but i am from Chicago. I am planning on going home for Christmas break for 2 weeks to see my family and such. does anyone have any advice on how to make sure my tank is ok when i get back?? i would have my gf take care of it for me but shes comming to Chicago with me. i have no clue what to do and have absolutely no ideas on how to handle this problem...any advice would be great...thx

zackp00

what i would do is change your water right before you leave and have a good trust worthy friend come and feed O Ya and Pray

asharp13

ugh it just makes me soooooo nervous!!!!!!!!!. my 24g nano is positioned by the back wall of my house/room, which changes temp greatly during the day and needs to be monitored. plus all my friends will be going home for break also...not to mention they are drunken idiots hahaha. i just havent thought of a good answer and i have so much invested in this i dont want anything to go wrong.
does anyone know of LFS comming to peoples houses and reef sitting??? is this expensive???

jackri

Just have someone check every other day you can count on that will top off water and feed.
My biggest concern would be top off water as they can go days without food without ill effects.

asharp13

yea i agree..i feed every 3 days anyhow. i am going to try to find someone trustworthy who will be in town...oh god wish me luck

mikecurrin

Originally Posted by asharp13
http:///forum/post/3141403
ugh it just makes me soooooo nervous!!!!!!!!!. my 24g nano is positioned by the back wall of my house/room, which changes temp greatly during the day and needs to be monitored. plus all my friends will be going home for break also...not to mention they are drunken idiots hahaha. i just havent thought of a good answer and i have so much invested in this i dont want anything to go wrong.
does anyone know of LFS comming to peoples houses and reef sitting??? is this expensive???
Well I am in Dallas, TX, there is several companies that will service tanks while away, but I have never had to use their services so dont know about pricing, but that is an option to consider, just make sure you know who is going to be in your home.

ryancw01

yeah...get in the phone book and find a aquarium service company and just hire them to come over about 3 times during the break to check on everything and feed...should be fine...

ninjamini

Automate everything. Use a web enabled controler. Get a web cam. Pray to what ever god you beleive in that nothing goes wrong.
And they say you cant take a vacation when you have a dog.

bullitr

Look in to getting neptune ac3 there is alot of bargain because they upgrade to neptune apex.apex is a PIA to install and to do networking but the best in the market right now.ac3 will be you best bet