Christmas Gifts for my Wife? HELP! Free Frag!

peachie98

Originally Posted by grumpygils
Her sister is a horse freak with two in Greensboro. Shows every weekend. I need to avoid that financial burden though!
Mc
hahaha....smart man! These giant 4-legged hooved things are WAY more expensive than the fish tanks.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by alix2.0
is your wife the charitable type?
main site- http://www.heifer.org/
catalogue- http://www.heifer.org/site/c.edJRKQNiFiG/b.2667525/
heifer international is a charity that lets you give the gift of a farm animal (or animals) in someones name. the recipients of this animal pass on offspring to others in need, and use the animals for food, clothing, goods to sell to increase their income, etc.
last year i gave two flocks of chicks in my cousins' names.

I will lokk into that. She is way charitable. SHe is always doing some thing for some one else.
Mc

grumpygils

Originally Posted by stdreb27
oh a serious note, if she has all the stuff she wants, I'm sure you'd get brownie points for being romantic.
I am always that way........well I try to be!
mcl

stdreb27

I am always that way........well I try to be!
mcl
lol there in lies your problem, if you only are on rare occations, then it is especially special. It is marginal utility. The more bigmacs you eat the less satisfying it is. then you could just be really sweet and it would count as a christmas gift.

chano

I guess this is kinda what has already been said but the best gift she will ever recive won't cost you a dime. Just sit down with her look her in the eyes and tell her (in your own words because she will know) how much she means to you and how much you love her. It will mean more to her than any sappy poetry or any gift you can buy. Christmas has become too commercial and the meaning seems to have been lost. everyone wants to know they are wanted and needed and sometimes we take for granted that they know that and we forget to tell the ones who matter most how important they really are.

renogaw

don't know if mentioned, but what about one of those portable gps thingies?
i'm getting to the point where i am going to get three for work because they are huge time savers over looking up maps

sigmachris

Outdoors type...go to the Keys a lot...Dolphin Research Center on Marothon, you can get a gift certificate to dive with the dolphins. Or another idea, is to get her and the family scuba diving lessons to be certified otgether. I haven't had the chance to dive in the Keys, but I hear its great from my friends. You must know too...

pharoahsghost

Hawaii, bahamas, jamaica, aruba, 1 week with as many amenitities as you can afford and a hot candle lit bath and foot rub after the flight home. And find out what her most favorite thing in the world is without her help and use it to your advantage (flower, scent, topic of discussion etc...)

uncheels

Ok.... ive already told you the best idea in the history of ideas... the picture on a plate from CVS
.... but here is another idea that is sure to steal her heart while making all of her girlfriends completely jealous that she gets to come home to you everynight.... drum roll please..... Buy her a star and name it after her!
YES, you heard me correct... for the low price of $19.99 you can purchase your piece of the galaxy... I would post the link but I dont know the rules to that, but it is easy to find under any search engine.. so Mike that is 2 great ideas... some might say that is worthy of 2 frags... and by some i mean me. HAHA hope all is well and the frags I got from you are still doing well... except the Xenia... but as goes life

fishissues

DiM,
I have asked her and she says "nothing". The worse possible answer on the planet! She really does enjoy giving though. She starts shopping Jan 1st for next year. I once bought her a new car as a surprise, but it is not time for that. She is also blinged out!
Mc
second honeymoon? lol

grumpygils

Originally Posted by SigmaChris
Outdoors type...go to the Keys a lot...Dolphin Research Center on Marothon, you can get a gift certificate to dive with the dolphins. Or another idea, is to get her and the family scuba diving lessons to be certified otgether. I haven't had the chance to dive in the Keys, but I hear its great from my friends. You must know too...
Done the D research center a bunch of times. Our house is 6 miles from it. Dolphins know us by name.
Mc

alix2.0

Heifer's Mission to End Hunger
Heifer envisions…
A world of communities living together in peace and equitably sharing the resources of a healthy planet.
Heifer’s mission is…

To work with communities to end hunger and poverty and to care for the earth.
Heifer's strategy is…

To “pass on the gift.” As people share their animals’ offspring with others – along with their knowledge, resources, and skills – an expanding network of hope, dignity, and self-reliance is created that reaches around the globe.
Heifer’s History

This simple idea of giving families a source of food rather than short-term relief caught on and has continued for over 60 years. Today, millions of families in 128 countries have been given the gifts of self-reliance and hope.
just a little more info from another page of the website.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by SigmaChris
Then get her an authentic Hemmingway 6 toed cat.
That has merit but I am waitng for one of the two to exit before we get a new kitty. I think I firefight might be getting a free frag.
Mc
He sent a covert PM suggestion