Christmas Gifts

starten

What did everyone get for Christmas gifts?
Please must be related to SW.
I got a canopy and 2 250 XM MH. w/ 4 65 Attinics to go w/ it
thanks Santa

viper_930

My boss at the LFS I work at gave me a huge montipora. About 7-8" across. The catch is, I'm not sure if it's dead or alive. I found it in the new shipment of LR, so he decided to give it to me for Christmas, as long as I give him a frag if it colors up. Still a little brown, but got some white to it.
And my aunt gave me $100, and I know that's going towards my tank, so I guess it's related to SW.

lion_crazz

That sounds like a pretty cool gift Viper.
I got close to $200 in gift certificates to the store where I work. :D

thedude

Damn i wish my friends and family knew anything about SW fish...i never get any fish-related presents because they know they would probably get me a downgrade, something I already had, or something that wont work with my tank. How cool is NM's wife for getting him all those frags of SPS...I do the opposite with my girlfriend, I got her a Beta for christmas, as I am slowly trying to introduce her into this wonderful hobby. :D

meadbhb

Hiya,
I got a little over a $100 to spend on SW stuff! I'm going to hit one store tonight and see if they still have that huge hammer coral left!
Meadbhb

flatzboy

The only reef related items i got were the ones I bought myself for christmas with my $100 dollar christmas bonus I got from my part time job (i'm only 14) I bought a aquamedic sp3000, reef fanatic level controller (I didn't need this item but thought I did so i emailed the place and am trying to cancel the order), A new pro heat 250 watt titanium heater with digital display, a milwaukee ph monitor, and a geo kalkwasser reactor. The only thing I got from my family was a 5g. jug to put ro/di water in.:D

reefeel

I got a electronic pH tester, wireless thermometer, seio powerhead, AquaC Remora, and $125 in gift certificuits- already spent on a copperband butterfly, 12 nassisarus snail, and others.

goinballde

My parents are the best..They gave my 300.00 then a gift cert. to LFS..then a friend at work got wanted out of his reef and gave me some hammers and a white bubble coral..It was a great xmas for me and my tank..here is the brains corals I got with certificate

nm reef

Yup...the wife secretly purchased a 10 SPS frag package from a member here...couldn't get much sweeter than that!:D

clarkiiclo

I got a JBJ 12Gal Deluxe with the 48W lights, sand, salt, some rock, an Eheim powerhead(for the cube), a Ebo 50W heater and Rainbow digital thermometer.
Now I just have to wait till tomorrow till the tank shows up!!
Here is the rock waiting for its new home.......

clarkiiclo

Thanks! I am going to make a thread as I set up the tank.
You cant see it that well but most of the rock has alot of nice color.

cubfan

Didn't get the big tank, but I got a couple Visijet skimmers and $50 added to my fish account. Also got $100 to spend at Lowes. Trust me, DIYers know you can build alot of this fish stuff yourself:D

tome

I got a 78G custom made tank its awsome but I havnt recieved it yet. I know what it looks like tho!

stuckinfla

2-96w PC replacement bulbs, certif to HD for wood for canopy for 180, Bubble, carpet, zoo rock, rock, pinapple brain. I LUV MY HUBBY!!!!

flatzboy

Originally posted by stuckinfla
2-96w PC replacement bulbs, certif to HD for wood for canopy for 180, Bubble, carpet, zoo rock, rock, pinapple brain. I LUV MY HUBBY!!!!

Sweet you got a carpet I woul have one in my tanks bu i'm afraid of him stinging sps because IME they tend to move around a lot well at least the one in my dads tank takes a little hike once or twice a month. What color of one did you get my parents got the plain light yellowy one. I would love a blue or green one.:D