Christmas pics of the kids

sugarfox03

Since I have spent far too much money on fish stuff this year, my family is stuck getting pictures of the furkids for Christmas! Here are some shots I took today of them. The two big ones, Maui & Magnum were more than cooperative, Mako the shiba inu on the other hand was not too impressed, but sat there for some pics anyway.

mimzy

awwwww, cute doggies!!!!!! u gotta dress them up though; break out the antlers and santa hats!!!

sugarfox03

I don't have antlers (they chewed them up last year!) but Maui was the only one who would sit still for the santa hat. And thanks for the compliments, they are the best!

alyssia

Originally Posted by SugarFox03
I don't have antlers (they chewed them up last year!) but Maui was the only one who would sit still for the santa hat. And thanks for the compliments, they are the best!

Cute pic!

sugarfox03

Dogs are the best. I couldn't imagine life without them!
What breed are you looking to get? If possible, try to adopt! There are so many homeless dogs that need a family to call their own!

rs1831

My girlfriend and I are interested in Boxers. I believe we are going to go through a breeder for the Boxer but then get another dog at the humane society.

sugarfox03

Thats cool, be very picky with the breeder though. I believe boxers are prone to a lot of health problems (hips, cardiac, etc...) just make sure the breeder has health tested and certified breeding stock...just so you aren't stuck with a poorly bred pup that you have to spend a lot of money on vet bills down the road.
Boxers are great dogs too!

sugarfox03

akc.org is a great place to find reputable breeders. When you finally get a pup, make sure to post lots of pics! Do you plan to show?

X

xoxox

Originally Posted by SugarFox03
Dogs are the best. I couldn't imagine life without them!
What breed are you looking to get? If possible, try to adopt! There are so many homeless dogs that need a family to call their own!
Oh yea, did you see what some cats can do?

petjunkie

What's your shibu inu like? I don't believe I've ever seen this breed of dog before. Not that weird really when you consider where I live pretty much everyone has a hunting dog ,a lab or springer.

sugarfox03

She's a lot like a cat when it comes to people she doesn't know. She's very aloof, will come up to you on her terms. She's SO smart. She's very independent, very clean, picky. She's really friendly with "her people" but won't run right up to someone she's never met. Mako has a wonderful personality, she can be very goofy or very regal, depending on her mood. She gives great kisses, she's a fast learner, but she tells you when training time is over...she'll turn tail and ignore you. This breed has to be obedience trained, or you will be hating life, and the shiba will make sure of that. They absolutely cannot for any reason ever be off leash in an open area. They were at one time a hunting dog for small prey, so the sight of a bird or rat will get them running, completely forgetting they ever learned the "come" command! They are not the breed for everyone, they are definately a challenge, but they are wonderful if you are the right person for a shiba. If you plan to get one, do LOTS of research! Make sure its a breed for you, so many people get them because they are cute, which is the wrong reason.

petjunkie

Probably wouldn't get one, I like more of the bully, muscular short hair look but she's a cute dog that's for sure. Also I probably wouldn't want her around my ferrets!!! Maybe I'll get some pictures of them dressed up for you.

sugarfox03

Originally Posted by petjunkie
Probably wouldn't get one, I like more of the bully, muscular short hair look but she's a cute dog that's for sure. Also I probably wouldn't want her around my ferrets!!! Maybe I'll get some pictures of them dressed up for you.
I'd love to see them! I used to have a ferret, but I had to find him a new home. I bought him without parents permission when I was 16, they weren't impressed. And Mako probably wouldn't be good around a ferret, I had rats once and she always looked at them like they were snacks.

sugarfox03

Originally Posted by BLAZEHOK68
what kind of dog is Maui? awesome by the way
Thanks! Maui is an American Bulldog, she's the best. The love of my life!