chromis ?

flydan

Hey,
Hmmmm... I always see Green Chromis around here. Not familure with the Blue. They are the most docile of the Damsel fish IMO and like to be in shoals/schools in odd numbers. 5 or 7 for example. Don't know why but have seen this in numerous sources.
HTH,
Dan'l

cimpow137

mmk thanks my mom likes blue and i want green so i dunno which depends on the research i do/ info i get on them

nacl-h2o

Sometimes it depends on the labeling
Blue Reef Chromis (Chromis cyaneus) &
Blue Chromis, Green Chromis or Blue/Green Chromis(Chromis viridis)are all peacful.
However,
Blue Damsilfish or sometimes also sole as Blue Chromis(Abudefduf cyaneus or Chrysiptera cyanea) are agressive.
Check the scientific name if in doubt about what your getting. But most Blue Chromis and Green Chromis are basicly the same animal different color and Blue Reef Chromis are just as peacful as the Blue/Green Chromis.
The difference is when some sell Blue Damsels under the name Blue Chromis.

jess74

I have the Green Chromis and I love them. Their coloring is really nice under good light, almost like looking at a hologram. I also have a 4 stripe and he picks on my Chromis :nope: I've never had a problem with the Green Chromis being aggressive. Just my experience. Good luck!
:D

jess74

Damsels or Green Chromis? :D
I have 3 Green Chromis, right now only 1 is in the tank, the other two just got out of the QT, but they are too small to put into the main yet.
And then I have my 4 stripe. He's kind of boring, looks pretty, but hides all the time except when feeding. :happyfish

brians

I have 6 Green Chromis in my 125 and they are pretty neat. I like how they kinda change color from green/blue/purple depending on how the light hits them, like Jess said, kinda like a hologram or something.
They have not been aggressive to each other or any other tankmates. I had 2 false perc clownfish and ever since one of them died the other one now hangs out in their "school". Probably because they are all in the Damselfish family.