Clam concern - I have read everything - HELP!!

candycane

I have read everything that I can and do NOT understand why my clam is doing what it is doing. I have a smaller Squamosa and it is sticking it's foot out of it's incurrent syphon, why??? I cant seem to find any info even in all the books that I have about this.

yosemite sam

Can you get a picture? I've never heard of or seen this either. You're sure nothing fell into the clam? How long have you had it? If you pick it up, is there any damage you can see on the bottom, at the byssal opening?

candycane

My conditions are all perfect. I have had the thing like 18 months. I just stripped the tank down last night because I am breaking down the tank to sell all my corals off, but new sand was added. SO I dont know what gives. Everything I am getting rid of is just stockpiled around the clam. But none of it should be messing with it chemically or otherwise.

fanker

idk ur problem but why are u selling ur stuff? is a beautiful tank with very nice and healthy corals

candycane

It's fun to start over every few years. I have my live rock on the back porch. It was just COVERED with macro after 2 years. Check out my fraggin thread.