Clam eating snails

ucdpike2001

Does anyone have a picture of cone shape baby snails which feed on clams. Last night i looked at my tank and found these white baby snails on a rock. They looked similar to Nassarius Snails but white and very small.
I do have a clam but it appears to be fine. I also checked under it and couldnt find anything.
-Pike

ssweet1

I believe that is a predator snail, they are like small grains of rice. I have them too, I have been waiting till nightime and then hand picking them off the glass to throw away. If you hear of a solution to rid them completely please let me know. Make sure your clam is up on some rocks that are hard to get too- higher is better I have found because the snails stay lower and usually on the glass and ground cover rocks. Carrie

ucdpike2001

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam
Do a search for Pyramidellid snails. Are the little snails you have just on the rock?

After looking at some pictures, i am pretty sure the snails in my tank are Pyramidellid snails. Whats the best way to remove them? Stay up one night with a flashlight and pick them off manually?
Originally posted by SSweet1

I believe that is a predator snail, they are like small grains of rice. I have them too, I have been waiting till nightime and then hand picking them off the glass to throw away. If you hear of a solution to rid them completely please let me know. Make sure your clam is up on some rocks that are hard to get too- higher is better I have found because the snails stay lower and usually on the glass and ground cover rocks. Carrie

I would try to raise the clam but its 7inches and very heavy.
-Pike