Clam Size Question?

dplantz

What size would you say a clam should reach before its only feeding is light and plankton? I was thinking about Crocea, Maxima, and Squamosas but I was just wondering what size they each should be or a general for all clams.

candycane

I don't really understand the question. From when the clam develops the first patch of brown in it's gut because of the first time Zooxanthellae is introduced (young clam), till the day it dies, I think it should have sufficient light for whichever clam it is and supplemental feeding of plankton (as long as it isn't clogging the gills).

dplantz

Ok well I have just read that when there small the can't absorb enought light to make sustainable food.

candycane

Originally Posted by dplantz
http:///forum/post/2639072
Ok well I have just read that when there small the can't absorb enought light to make sustainable food.
That is pretty small. But still I think they should be fed a good quality plankton even if they are a foot long.

dplantz

Ok thanks I plan on adding high quality plankton every other day and relying on my fuge to help feed the tank the other day. Is this ok?