Clams?

ntank20

I was just wondering if all clams have to have MH lighting or not. I have read on another thread that you can buy clams from the grocery store and put them into your tank, and that they don't have to have special lighting. I don't quite understand. How can a clam that is on ice, on display in a grocery store still be alive. I want to have some clams but don't know if i have sufficient light for them. Also does anyone have any experience with flame scallops, do they have to have special lighting. I can't find out if they do or not. If anyone can comment on this would be great.

clown52

The clams you hear people refering to are the "cleaner" clams you can find on this site. They do not look anything like the show clams you probobly want and they bury themselves in the sand. However I have read that they do not live long.

clown52

No problem, I got really excited too when I first heard about them becasue I don't have the MH needed for the fancy ones.

ntank20

It's just a way to get your thread back to the top of the list. So that way someone will more likely see it. I don't know what it actually means.

imurnamine

'Bump' it back to the top...
Hm... perhaps you could find some more information about their requirements by Googling it?

tender

flaming scallop (or how ever its spelled) as far as lighting goes.. nope you dont have to worry about specail lighting... we bought one because i saw the electric thingy and thought it would be awsome to watch (with out doing research) brought it home and the thing moved itself under the biggest rock we have as far back as it could in total darkness and the only way you can get any type of look at all of him is with a flashlight... so i dont think you really gotta worry about the lighting LOL.