clams?

grouperhead

Wow. Got any closeups of that black maxima? Are they all tank raised? What lfs in P'Cola do you use? I'll be in town in early June, and wouldn't mind checking out some local establishments. Bo
PS, could you give us some tank specs? Size, lighting, livestock, filtation, how many #'s lr, etc?

E

elan

Originally posted by Katfish50
Why are they sitting on PVC instead of sand bottom?

i was wondering the same thing...
they are really good looking ones too.... i cant wait to get clams, but am waiting for the year anniversery;)

I keep them on pvc so they can be removed for feeding Phytoplankton I grow I dont want them to attach to anything.I have had them about 5 months and they have all grown quite well.thanks for all the compliments I was just asking if you guys wanted to see them didnt know if you guys were in to clams or not.:)

nicky1.8t

very nice clams im buying mh lights next week so i can start adding clams and btw what do u have them propped up on

100 Gallon aquarium: 60"x18"x20" with corner prefilter.
Custom size tank made by WaterWorld out of Pensacola FL.
Stand: Unfinished stand which I finished myself with paint from Lowe's Hardware. Canopy has three doors for easy access and open back for ventilation. With four inch fan installed in center.
Bulbs: Two 250W 65K Iwasaki bulbs driven by PFO dual ballast supplemented by four 110W VHO actinics.
I use a Mag Drive 9 pump to return water from the sump.
Skimmer: Berlin Skimmer in the sump.
Sand Bed: 2.5 inch Aragonite sand. I have 135 LBS of live rock from Fiji, Marshall Islands, and Tonga for filtration.
Fish Inhabitants: Lawnmower blenny, Percula clown, spotted hawkfish, Royal gramma, green clown goby, yellow tail damsel, yellow damsel, and the queen of the tank is or at least she thinks she is the purple tang.
Clean up crew: Over 120 snails of different kinds, lots of blue and red legged hermit crabs, emerald green crabs, 2 sea cucumbers, orange star fish.
Corals: Mostly softies with a few SPS.