Clarion Angel!!!!!!!

ccampbell57

Spiderwoman - I haven't posted pics in a while. I will take some when I get back from my business trip :)
As for the flame being similar to a juvinille Clarion...sorta, but they are not even close. The great thing about large angels is that they go through coloration changes throughout their life.
The juvi clarion pictures are awesome, but if you ever saw this fish in person you would freak. The blue on it's body is electric and very striking. The orange is a mix between Orange and yellow and changes hue as the fish goes through daylight lights and actinic lights.
As it matures the blue lines dissapear and are replaced by a deeper brilliant orange and it's face turns a light hue of green.
IMO - the flame is ok for color variation in your tank and is a facinating dwarf angel. I would get one in a heartbeat if I had a smaller tank, but there is no comparison to a clarion.

spiderwoman

CC,
I'm in the crossroads right now with 2 tanks as to what I will do with them. I have setup a 75 that is waiting for livestock from my 55. In the next 2 weeks our 150 will begin setup stages once all components come in. We are on a build list for a LifeReefugium II for the bigger tank.
If I decide to go FOWLR in one of the 2 tanks, which would you recommend? I'd love to have an angel in either tank.

ccampbell57

IMHO - use the 75 for a reef and the 150 for a FOWLR. You will have WAAY more options for the 150 as far as fish are concerned. Your 75 will look great with some Halides and SPS coral along with some smaller fish.

rara12

I had to do a fresh water dip on one of these beauties once. I held my breath for ten minutes as he sat in a bucket of fresh water. Nearly started crying when it started to lay on its side! But it survived, and was sold, and as far as i know its doing well.