Clarki Clown Compatibility Question

hmcklveen

I have had the percs before and i know if they are not mated when you add two they will kill each other sometimes. These fish at the lfs are clarkii clowns and are captive bread he told me that i can add a few of them as long as i add three. I just wanted to double check on what he was telling me or if anyone has expierence in only adding 2. Thats really how many i want but if i have to i'll get 3. Any input would help thanks!

octopus8

I have been told that as long as you add two together you will be OK! Just make sure one is a bit bigger than the other and they are coming from the same tank. The larger one will become the dominant female and you should be OK!

hmcklveen

Alright thanks! He just said that if i get 3 it will be more likely they will mate and not to fight and kill each other. But like you are saying it doesn't make much sense. They are all living in the same tank now. Maybe he was out to make a little more money i know the place is starting to go down hill. Thats why i wanted to get another opinion.