Clarkii has 'airbubbles' under one

jtkld75

of his eyes? What is this? also, he normailly stays to the bottom of the tank, but hte past couple of days ive noticed him towards the top swimming in large circles. Coincidence? Please let me know, i have him in QT now. preparing for the worst.......

jtkld75

i took a look at that and im not sure thats what it is. He has 2 little air bubbles right in the middle of his left eye. Has anyone ever heard of this affliction?

B

big911dog

try posting in the disease forum. maybe someone will know better there...Good luck!

T

tizzo

It sounds like an early sign of pop-eye. pop-eye is a symptom not the actual ailment, so you should take measures to find the cause. But...the treatment for nitrogen supersaturation (air in eye), is to turn the powerhead water stream to the lowest setting. If you run it, then discontinue air to the PH's. If this was indeed the problem the "bubble" should go away within a few days. If no improvement is noticed, or if the condition worsens, assume the problem is bacterial in nature, and treat accordingly. HTH