Clarki's get new Carpet

mechslave

LOL yah they are busy chasing anything away from it: percs, chromies, emerald crabs, etc.
Not sure how many inches it is across... maybe 6-7"?

mechslave

$45 at LFS. Don't know if that's a good price or not, but I was willing to pay it and am happy with it. It's one of the prettiest anemone's I've ever seen.
The way the little tentacles react to the light and the clowns is mesmerizing. It's like watching The Wave in a football stadium or something Hehe. Very cool anemone. I've read that they like to eat things they shouldn't, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

bronco300

holy cats...the lfs near here has a 5" carpet for 499.....its red though, and i dont know if red is rare or something, but they say its rare, but it sure is a giant,lol...and giant costly.
looks like a goo dbuy to me

mechslave

That's probably a very inflated price. A guy listed one of those on ---- for $500 and got no bids. Then relisted it for $300 and got no bids. And I stopped keeping track of it. The red ones are rare and more expensive, but not THAT expensive I'd say. But it's all what someone is willing to pay...

misfit

it is beautiful, I have one it is 18 inches across. it is my favorite thing in the tank :jumping: That sounds like a fairly reasonable price

zoejeun

what kind of lighting system do you have? MH or PC? I'd eventually want an anenome but I dont know if the lights i got will be good enough.

mechslave

Originally Posted by ZoëJeun
what kind of lighting system do you have? MH or PC? I'd eventually want an anenome but I dont know if the lights i got will be good enough.
2x250 MH and 2x110 VHO in a 110gal so about 7w/gal
I have no experience to go from, just advising from everything I've read, but to successfully keep most anemones for a long period of time you need MH's. There are few that you can get away with just VHO's, I think, but carpets are not one of them... once again, just going from the research I've done. That's why I waited until I had the lights to get one.

misfit

I've had mine about 2 yrs under Mh.Yes carpets need Mh to survive ther has been some people that have had sucsess with some anenomes under Pc lighting but it depends on alot.