Classified question

mcgoo

If someone said For Sale 400w Metal Halide Setup.. Do you think that would be a complete system including ballast? Had a little misunderstanding...

schneidts

Originally Posted by Mcgoo
If someone said For Sale 400w Metal Halide Setup.. Do you think that would be a complete system including ballast? Had a little misunderstanding...
I wouldn't know exactly what it was, as it could mean lots of things...I would definitely ask for details and pictures...what kind/brand of ballast, bulb, etc...

mcgoo

I already bought it.. But when I received it it was only the light fixture.. Just feeling misslead.. The post said For Sale 400w Metal Halide Setup and the pics had the entire setup.. Just hoping I didn't get ripped.. Now i have to buy a $200 ballast. :scared:

oceana

well depends but if it said setup and had a picture of everything it should have also stated WHAT is included. on the other side you should have also asked the same question since the add seems to be unclear.
depending on how much you paid it may still not be so bad. you dont need to spend 200 on a ballast. you can get a 400 ballast for under 50 bucks

mcgoo

ok... I should have asked... I paid $150.. still feel a bit ripped. thanks for the advise. where can I get a $50 ballast

schneidts

I saw the thread...isn't there a ballast in the picture?? Anyway, have you contacted the person who sold it to you?

oceana

Originally Posted by Mcgoo
ok... I should have asked... I paid $150.. still feel a bit ripped. thanks for the advise. where can I get a $50 ballast

so you paid 150 for a reflector and socket? did you get a bulb? if so it better be brand new because if its not yes you got ripped. lesson learned i guess. could have been worse and you got nothing at all.
email me and i can shoot you instructions to get the ballast i spoke about. same ones i use.

mcgoo

I didn't get a refector.. Just the socket and bulb.. The guy I got it from hasn't replied to me E-mail yet.. I hope he'll do right

schneidts

How long have you been waiting for a reply. I would continue to try to work out a resolution with them. Good luck.
P.S.-You might consider not offering it up for sale just yet... :thinking:

mcgoo

The guy I got it from hasn't replied to me yet.. I hope he does right. It didn't come w/ a reflector, Just a socket and new bulb.. The picture has everything except a reflector..

j-bird

Yeah, I would be pissed off myself. Especially for $150 for just a socket and one bulb, not even that expensive new. Maybe ballast is coming in a different box??