Clean-up crew list

prevwon

Here is a stocklist for my clean-up crew that I plan on getting for my 55gal. Is this a good stocklist? Is it too much?
3 Emerald crab
1 Fire Shrimp
1 Boxing Crab
10 Blueleg Hermit
10 Scarlet Hermit
10 Hawaiian Zebra Hermit
1 Sally Lightfoot Crab
10 Cerith Snail
2 Fancy Nassarius Snail
2 Mexican Turbo Snail
Extra shells

aquaguy24

coral bandit shrimp might fight with the fire shrimp not sure..y not a cleaner shrimp instead..and that might be a tab to many snails..u dun wanna see nothing but snails all over do u...u might run out of algae for them to feed on..
u don;t realy need boxing crab unless u really want him..10 blue leg hermit crabs might get a little agressive when it comes time for a bigger shell..

sepulatian

Originally Posted by PrevWon
Here is a stocklist for my clean-up crew that I plan on getting for my 55gal. Is this a good stocklist? Is it too much?
3 Emerald crab
1 Fire Shrimp
1 Boxing Crab
10 Blueleg Hermit
10 Scarlet Hermit
10 Hawaiian Zebra Hermit
1 Sally Lightfoot Crab
1 Coral Banded Shrimp
10 Cerith Snail
1 Fancy Nassarius Snail
5 Mexican Turbo Snail
10 Nassarius Snail
10 Turbo Snail
All of those hermits will need larger shells or they will kill off others to get their shells. The list is ok if it is spread out over a year. Don't add too many snails at once. 1-4 are all that is needed for a 55. There are many kinds of algae that they will not eat. The coral banded shrimp are iffy. Some people report that their shrimp does not bother anything else. Others report that they attack other tank mates. They are not safe with other shrimp. The cleaner is ok because it can move within the water column, while the CB can only crawl. The cleaner can get away. I had a CBS and he grabbed a coral cat in mid swim and ate his face. The cat was not ill at all, but they swim near the bottom. I personaly would never buy a CBS for my home tank.

prevwon

How about 2 Fancy snails and 2 Mexican Turbo snails, no nassarius or turbo. Will the Cerith snails be ok since they are small? I will get some extra shells for the Hermits too...and I just want the Boxing crab because he is cool.
I'm not going to get a CBS by the way...