Clean up crew question

dseiler

About a week ago I got one of the clean up crew packages from this site. Over the days that have passed all of my hermit crabs, pepermint shrimp and CBS have dissapeared. I do not mean that I can't see them, but that they seem to have been eaten. All I have left are empty shells. :rolleyes:
Water perameters are all good.
Livestock: Yellow eyed tang, Six line wrasse, Lawnmower blennie, (2) striped damsels (that I can't get out, been there for a couple of years), (2) false perculas, (2) Brittle Stars, Sand sifting star and a bunch of snails.
My emerald crabs seem to be ok and some of the blue leg hermits are around.
Does anyone have advice on what might be happening? If one of the fish is the culprit, what do you recomend for a clean up crew?
Thanks in advance.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
How were they doing before they turned up gone? If they died, the other orgainisms in the tank would have eaten them, but that doesn't mean that they were prey.

guppie

From your list of fish I don't see any that would have done that, it seem strange that all your snails are fine, they are always the ones that go first.

dseiler

they were fine. i only had them a couple of days before they became empty shells, that is why I figured something was eating them.
Any other ideas on something I "Don't Know" I might have that would eat them?