clean up crew

kinder7668

i was wondering what type of clean up crew to go with if i have crushed coral instead of sand ..and are some gobies ok for crushed coral...i was told cleaner shrimp and blue knee crab at my lfs just wanted to check

trigger11

What I ended up doing was checking out the reef packages section on this web site so I could get an idea of how many clean up crew to get. I ended up with blue legged hermits and turbo snails. I also aquired a fire shrimp along the way. I would only add cleaner shrimp after you know you are well past your cycle. With hermits being a couple bucks or less each a loss or two isnt so bad. But when 20-30 dies with the cleaner shrimp that is not sooo good. It is amazing how much those guys clean up too. If you have CC I would check a little bit more into if Goby's are going to be ok with that. I am no expert but I think they prefer mostly to sift the sand so would not work.

kinder7668

ok thanks for the help i think i will start with the hermits and go from there my lfs guy showed me a type of goby and recomended him but like you said $2 and $20 are a big diff.