clean up crew

new

i have seen alot of these package cloean up crews that seem huge. my tank is a 75gl but it is tall, i want to end up with about 100-115# LR. thinking that i will have around 15 scarlet hermits, 3 red legs which are already in, 20 blue leg hermits, already have a CBS, want a cleaner shrimp, have 2 peppermint shrimp, would like 4 emerald crabs, have a bahama star(know not reef safe, dosent bother polyps though)once the tank matures would like to have a fire/blood shrimp. does this sound about right to everyone.

broomer5

Sounds pretty good to me.
I didn't see any snails on your wish list ?
I'd consider adding a variety of different types of snails to any clean up crew, for most any sized reef tank.

mr.crabs

I recently bought 10 black margarita snails and 10 red leg hermits. From I've seen the magarita snails are a 100 times better than the turbo and astrea snails. The red legs also eat day and night. Scarlets only eat at night. Personally, I think the scarlets are a waste of money.

jeo

I would add about 30 snails to your listed clean up crew, I have black turbos and they seem to get the job done, although I have not tryed any other type of snail.

jason weber

I bought some snails i am not sure what kind, they have a red body and a shell that is kinda of like the turbos but not pointed in the middle. they were kind of expensive but they out eat any snail in my tank and i have astrea, turbo, and margareta's.

new

i am going to try and get away without snails if i can, dont like to look at them and have been told it can be done but it is hard. if i need them going get the noctural kind, think i read that here? i do have a couple red legs but i like the scarlets better, i have witnessed my red legs bullying the smaller scarlets and blues. also waiting to see if my sand bed is deep enough for DSB, wasnt intended to be but i am seeing alot of bubbles in the sand and my trates have cut in half in a week and cant attribute it all to the macros i allow to grow, just not that much of them yet. if not going to try a couple conches, bahama star will keep glass clean if i can keep him off the rock and sand, i know hes not reef safe but he leaves the hitching polyps alone :)