Clean up crew.

watcher

I did a search and I came up with alot of stuff about triggers being the main cause of not being able to have a clean up crew. Could I have a clean up crew if I just have a dwarf lion and a snowflake eel? I'm thinking of this:
35g
1 urchin(what's the best kind, should I get more than 1)
30 blue legged hermits
what do you think?

ciguatera

Most cleaners will be fine with the lion and eel. Generally urchins and sea stars will be left alone. Cleaners to avoid are shrimp and small crabs (hermits are okay) What type of sea star and/or urchin are you considering? Most species will need to be fed in addition to "cleaning up"
so be sure to research the species exact needs before purchasing. Also, many species will need near perfect water conditions in order to thrive. Linckia spp. for example are extremely "touchy"
sea stars. Keeping them with fish that produce rather large amounts of waste makes the water unsuitable for such critters. Just do a little research into what kinds you want to keep.

watcher

For starfish I was thinking serpents, for urchins I wasn't sure
How about my tank?
1 tuxedo urchin
20 hermits
1 serpent starfish
1 burrowing starfish
1 chocalate chip star fish(really want one of these because you can't keep um in reefs)
what do you think?

ciguatera

Serpent stars (Ophioderma) are some of the hardiest. Be sure you have lots of places for them to hide. They are nocturnal so you won't see them much except around feeding time. All inverts are extremely sensitive to copper. Copper-based medications are definately out, and you should be carful with the source of your water. Also, sea stars will not tolerate high concentrations of nitrates.
The chocolate chip star (Protoreaster sp.)Is also one of the easier sea stars to keep. In addition to algae, you should offer pieces of chopped clam, squid, marine fish, shrimp, and krill at least once a week. More often if your tank lacks a good supply of algae.
Just be careful to wait until your nitrate levels are as low as possible before introducing them.

i have blue legged hermits in my trigger tank. they only feed when it is completley dark in the room. they learned to adapt to their einvironments.....