Cleaner shrimp and ich

ccg24

I'm really not the one to critisize but I think thats too small! not really sure cause the CB Angel is a dwarf angel but... I think thats what stressed out mine at first was a 45 gal... can't really be for sure but the problem you have is the same as mine except I freaked out alittle too much probably and probably stressed her out more.... but it took weeks for her to die after I did what I thought I could for her, before I said I leave it alone and see what happends... I mean after I did what I did it took like 2-3 wks before she died. I don't know what did it but I haven't had a problem w/ anyother fish, except when I lost my Yellow Tang but thats because my Girl Friend, yep I left for 5 months outta town for work and I think she starved and she didn't ever do any water changes like I told her too she claims to not know how... but she wouldn't try even w/ directions, and I don't have any friends that know the hobby so it was difficult...lol.. and I really don't think she was feeding em' because I know how often she remembers stuff like that, I wouldn't be supprised if they didn't eat but once a wk...
or had the lighting turned on or off when they were supposed to I'm sure the lights would stay on for a wk or off for a week depending on what they were sunday night

bluemantr

I got coral beauty beacuse i saw lots of people keeps them in 29-30 gallon tanks. I will try to exchange her with other type of fish from LFS But i am not sure if they take it back while she has white spots on her :(

ccg24

the ich shows when you first turn your lights on in the morning right? well wait till you get home or later during the day because the ich doesn't really show later in the day!

bluemantr

Originally Posted by ccg24
the ich shows when you first turn your lights on in the morning right? well wait till you get home or later during the day because the ich doesn't really show later in the day!
I didnt really look at that. Well cleanr shrimp keeps cleaning her as of tonight i only saw couple dots on her face. She doesnt show any other effects, eating very well, swiming normal etc...

ccg24

I have been told that ich is in your tank all the time! whether a fish is volnerable to it or not depends on the health of your fish like stress which stress is caused by many reasons which imagine you get taken from one place to another to another and have to deal w/ different enviorments and water conditions and fish and not be stressed or like having a great dane in a one bedroom apartment well, anyway I would say keep the CB and just leave em alone try water changes about once a wk or credit at the LFS... your choice I thought my 45 was big enough but, I'm really not sure if thats what was the cause of death or not but it sucks losing a 35 dollar fish well I didn't pay that much but still... it sucks

ccg24

yep mine was the same behavior was good roamed all over grazed but some days looked bad and some looked really pretty but eventually it got worse and I found her Lying on the ground sometimes and then worse totally lying on the bottom on her side looking dead but she wasnt but it wasn't that much longer I think I had her for 3 months struggling w/ ich but no other fish got it..

ccg24

I want to tell you good luck I hope she makes it! I'm gonna go, I really like the CB and I want to put one in my 135gal, but I'm stuck cause I really want a Flame Angel but you can't have two dwarf Angels in a tank so... I think I'm gonna get a Flame Angel there really pretty, anyway I'm gonna go I'm gettin tired.......

bluemantr

Its not really about the money. Its very pretty fish I dont want her to die. I will ask to LFS if they can accept her and take care of her there. I shouldnt have got her in 30g. :( I feel so bad about it. I just dont want to take any risk for her life. I mean if i keep her in my tank and if 30g was the reason for her ich then i think better this way. :( Damn! i really liked her

1journeyman

Originally Posted by ccg24
I have been told that ich is in your tank all the time!
Fortunately, that is incorrect.
If you QT your fish before introducing them into your tank you can avoid introducing the parasite into your tank.
There's nothing magical or unavoidable about ich. It's a parasite that gets introduced into your tank from other fish.

nick76

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Fortunately, that is incorrect.
If you QT your fish before introducing them into your tank you can avoid introducing the parasite into your tank.
There's nothing magical or unavoidable about ich. It's a parasite that gets introduced into your tank from other fish.
Also I wanted to add, never put water from ur lfs into your DT as it may also contain ich.