am-0
trites-0
trates 0
temp75-77
my tank has been up an running for a little over 2 months now
I hace 2 osc clowns
a torch corral
and some pulsing xenia
Im wondering if maybe he starved to death. Should there have been anything I should have been feeding him. I feed my tank 1/4 cube of frozen marine cuzine which has brine, krill, mysis once a day. I only had hime for a week
any thoughts?????

cedarreef

are you sure it's dead? you might have just seen a molt from the shrimp. If it's just a molt leave it there as they like to eat them for added nutrition once they are out and about when they rebuilt their exoskeleton.

rcranf

Originally Posted by CedarReef
http:///forum/post/2791688
are you sure it's dead? you might have just seen a molt from the shrimp. If it's just a molt leave it there as they like to eat them for added nutrition once they are out and about when they rebuilt their exoskeleton.
does the molt include the whole thing like tentaciles and all, also i see no signs of him in the tank if he has molted

mikev

the molt will have "tentacles". the shrimp will hide in the rocks until his new shell hardens

steelytom

most recommend 78*. I keep mine at 80 to 82 because most things in my reef are from waters warmer than 78* and I have heard that 78* will slow their metabolism down and make them susceptible to disease. Do not bring up temp too fast because this will stress everything out and open you to an ich outbreak.

rcranf

Originally Posted by steelytom
http:///forum/post/2793057
most recommend 78*. I keep mine at 80 to 82 because most things in my reef are from waters warmer than 78* and I have heard that 78* will slow their metabolism down and make them susceptible to disease. Do not bring up temp too fast because this will stress everything out and open you to an ich outbreak.
ok thanks