cleaner shrimp not cleaning

corally

I got two cleaner shrimps a few weeks ago and I have never seen them clean anything. They are out alot but I've never even seem them near the fish. Is this to be expected?

reefiness

sorry to take over your thread like this but im haveing the same problem with my cleaner shrimp except mine are never out plus they dont clean. they are under a rock that my goby excavated then abandoned. Is this normal?

tjake68

when fod is made available they will take food and not clean if your fish get parisites the will clean them tere might be nothing to clean but once they get use to food they dont really clean

1journeyman

Mine try to clean, but the fish rarely let em... it's funny watching. The fish swim by and the shrimp look like they are trying to mug them. They leap out and try to grab onto them.

ddress007

Mine cleaner has a similar reaction but looks like he is whipping the fish away; not sure if he is trying to clean or just want them out of the way. he spends most of the time starring at he water coming into the tank. i think he used to being fed. I have only had him about 4 days though. My six-line and royal gamma dart off anyway. I would like to see him clean though.