Cleaner shrimp with eggs

snowrider84

My cleaner shrimp has eggs, the whole underside is full of them. it appears that my other shrimp is a male and has done his part of the deal. has anyone ever been able to raise these? Im not really sure if it is possible but i figured i would ask. any info would be great.

jackri

Theres a book about out there about raising peppermint shrimp -- if you google it, it will probably be pretty close to the top search.
Now... cleaner shrimp can be raised about the same way -- but both are not easy if you don't have the right set up, filtration, and food for them and they are EXTREMELY fragile as bumping the glass can even break an appendage. Do your research before trying as these will probably just be tank food for now.
Another website could help -- google MOFIB I think

cahuama

If you get to see them born it is quite a sight. My shrimp have little ones all the time but the fish eat them up in like 5 minutes. Keep a close watch it is worth seeing all those tiny shrimp swimming around.
Enjoy.

cahuama

Mine are pregnant almost constantly but I don't get to see them hatch very often so I don't know the time it takes from one pregnancy to another.

valgae

they are pregnant around 15 days. eggs are greenish, turning to a tan color w/an eye spot present. they will release the larvae about 1 1/2 hours after lights out, into a water column. after releasing the larvae they molt and mate again. there are about 10 larval stages.

cablebox615

My Cleaner Shrimp has eggs right now too. This is the first day I have seen them. I only have one so I guess no larval stage for me. It looks like mine is eating some of the eggs. Im starting a lot of eggs on some of my rocks. Don' t know what kind of eggs the are. About 2 months ago. I started seeing tiny snails all over the rocks. Biology is so amazing.

zippy557

i have had my two cleaners for about a month or two and they are both carrying around eggs and my peperments always have eggs