Cleaner Shrimp

dockery07

How many do you have in your tank? I have just one I got him today. I have three tangs and they are fighting over him and he is just sitting there. Should I get a couple more?

dockery07

I think this one is retarted. He just looks at the fish as it hovers there. Now my CBS cleaned one of the tangs today. That was funny.

krishj39

Just added mine to the tank, he's doing great. I let him clean my hand for about 3 minutes, he was willing to do that after being in the tank for maybe 10 minutes. Just now I saw him try to clean a damsel. The damsel is really tame, but wasn't sure about letting the shrimp clean him, it was pretty funny, especially since they are about the same size. I'm sure they'll be buds soon.

tigershark

I had one small one, then ordered 2 more online. The 2 new ones were pretty big and hang out together but they chase the small one away, especially when there is food in the tank. But they all clean my hand and love to take food from my hand. I think CBS are pretty mean but Im not sure if they will get along or not.

reef fool

could i add a cleaner with a CBS??
I have 2 cleaners and a CBS with no problems....Still not sure though what got one of my pepermints.

fireeater

I had 2 cleaners and 4 peppermints. My CBS went through all them. :(
I actually saw him pounce on the last peppermint I had. Nothing I could do though as he hangs behind reef and is fast.
My Humpback is doing great though as he has not messed with him
I was thinking of getting a Fire shrimp but now I do not want to feed the CBS a 32 dollar lunch!

dockery07

My CBS right now is the only one who cleans any of these fish. The cleaner has not a clue. It is pretty funny watching this shrimp with thses big claws clean a fish.

ty@heidi

Coral Banded will kill just about any crustations that are smaller then them, Ive hade them before but once I introduced other shrimps, amd even crabs the CBS started killing anything it could catch it, including snails. I dont know if this is typical of the species or if mine was just a scrapper!