cleaner wrasses?

mr . salty

Not for long.Much like the Manderine fish only survives on ample supplies of "bugs",there main food are the parasites they pick off the fish. Unless you've got 1000gallons with hundreds of fish.(exageration to show my point) STEVE

What I have done in the past was got one when my fish was sick with like ick or something, and when the fish were all better, I just took the wrasse back to the store. But I wouldn't want to keep it knowing that it would just die.

blacktip

Depending on which speices of cleaner wrasse you are speaking of a few may be kept in captivity for quite some length of time. However cleaners have a short life span even in the wild generally only living a few years before dying. Cleaners taken from Indonesia, Sri Lanka, or the philipines (commonly blue with a white stripe)are poor choices and will starve themselves to death. Cleaners taken from the Red Sea or Hawaii commonly called the Hawaiian Cleaner wrasse (blue and red in color)will readily take frozen foods such as lifeline by the biotope company.
+

salt one

ok, i just got a Manderian, what does it eat?? i thought it would just eat the food off the bottom? cause if not it not been feed in awhile!