Cleaning my Koralias

nordy

I have extensive coraline growth on one of my Koralia circulators that is significantly covering the spaces between the ribs. I want to soak it in an acidic soultion and am looking for advice on which product to use. I am thinking of using CLR-not too expensive or agressive. What do y'all think? Is there any other product that would be better than the CLR?
Thanks for your advice
John

tr1gger

Well i soaked em in for 24hrs and they were spotless. Get the water as HOT as it will go, not boiling though. Just full hot on your tap water, and pour in the viniger. Get ya a nice lil $1 scrub brush from the dollar store. Should work for ya, Hell you can even go 2 gallons of viniger to 1 gallon of hot water. Stronger the better IMO. Plus viniger isnt containing harsh chems like what might be in CLR. Hope that helps.

nordy

Thanks for the tip. I will try the vinegar-it's cheaper than the CLR anyway, even though it smells!

natclanwy

I use a 50/50 vinegar solution to clean all of my pumps it works well. My wife doesn't care for it since the bathroom smells like vineger for a couple of days but definetly a better option than CLR is.