Cleaning up!?!?

salt one

ok, i have a 75 gallon reef tank with a little over 50 pounds of live rock and 2 tangs, 1 manderian, i anglefish, and some corals and i have alot of waste left on the bottom and in the rock, i just got a coral banded shrimp and i thought he would keep stuff clean, but nothin doing.. what is something other than a hermit crab that would keep my tank clean ?

tonylip

If your tangs crap as much as mine no creature will help IMO what I do is, with my return line from the sump I spray it down the back of the tank and all the waste makes its way to the overflow I move it from one corner to the center then to the other corner and the bottom stays reletively clean! and I change my pre filter pad constantly!!

mr . salty

I also have tangs, and to solve my problem I placed one of my powerheads at the bottom. It is aiming towards the front and accross the tank to push the ---- to the overflow. I'm thinking agout getting a couple of saltwater cats to see if they help out.LFS has two small ones that look pretty cool....Anyone have info on these guy's? STEVE

kmr

Salt One,
This is due to poor circulation. The trick is to keep the waste in the water column. I had to play with my PH's for alittle while to get them just right. Remember that it only takes a small adjustment to make a big difference.

[This message has been edited by KMR (edited 07-28-2000).]