cleaning

dicemanj

what do you use to clean an aggressive tank. It seams like snails, crabs and shrimp are out of the question. What keeps the sand bed clean??

I

irenicus

A python cleaner. No easy way to do it. That's what I use.

moto757

if you don't mind you can keep buying them or keep your stuff feed my trigger likes snails not hermits but i got some huge mexican turbos and he can't get them off the glass so i am good now plus a good protien skimmer

largeload

You might try a couple of coral cats they are excellent scavengers and they sift the sand. They're fun to watch but make sure you get 2

gasguzzler

My two Cali rays do a good job with sand turnover. Trust me, with the way these things eat, theres nothing left to hit the sand anyway!!!

gasguzzler

Nope, I am assuming you are under the impression that the tank is running. Ha! It will be a while before that monster is done, so they are swimming happily in the 125. The 980 is still in progress.

gasguzzler

Like I said before, its sitting on the floor waiting to have the corners smoothed for the Bonnethead. On the floor by the 4 foot wide by 10 foot high hole in the wall. I would like everyone to see it in all its glory. Im going to hold off for a little while anyway because I may have to move.

mattiej

So you've decided to take the plunge into the bonnets. They are a great 'small' shark and I love my guy. Just make sure you have excellent skimmer as these guys can put off a lot of waste. Good luck and let us know when you get the bonnet.
My Shark Group :jumping:

gasguzzler

Yeah, I got a pretty good amount of positive feedback from you guys about keeping them so thats going to be the crowning touch. I just wish I knew when it was going to be done. The waiting is KILLING me. I have to look at it everyday sitting around on the floor as "visions of Bonnets dance in my head". Thanks for the help.