Clocks Forward Tonight...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully after this studies in Nov, it will finally come to an end.

ruaround

Originally Posted by Beth
agreed... doesnt make sense any more this day in age!!!

dogstar

They say its to save electricity....
But I think its so people will have more time in the afternoon to go shoping and spend money, and drive in their cars and buy more gas.

mr. guitar

Thanks for reminding me!!!
Originally Posted by Beth
I didn't know they were doin studies on this. Do you have a link or something I can check it out Beth?

ruaround

Originally Posted by hot883
Hawaii, Arizona do not do it. Any other states?
nope... just some our friends north of the border...

shogun323

Originally Posted by ruaround
dont forget to spring forward tonight!!! lose an hour of sleep...

How crazy... I actually forgot about it until I came across this thread and the funny thing is that I was at the office all morning installing patches across the network.

Thanks RU, you saved my rear or I would have been late tomorrow morning!!!

shogun323

Originally Posted by hot883
Hawaii, Arizona do not do it. Any other states?
Pretty sure Indiana doesn't.

ruaround

Originally Posted by shogun323
Thanks RU, you saved my rear or I would have been late tomorrow morning!!!
no problem... i used to have a problem remembering and would be late to work pretyy much every year... now alot of my family members call me to rmind me... i got 4 phone calls today... lol...
Originally Posted by shogun323

Pretty sure Indiana doesn't.
i do believe they started observing it last year or 2 years ago...

michaeltx

Indiana does change time they were kindda funky some places changed others didnt.
for example South Bend In didnt change time south of there they changed and north into michigan changed time. It got really confusing cause south bend was 5 minutes from michigan border so you had to factor that into anything you did there and then of you went south the same thing it really made for a bad time to figure out when you had to leave to get somewhere LOL so now from all the complaints they now change time aswell.
One thing about this time change that nobody has mentioned yet check those auto daylight savings devices like your computer and others it coming earlier than normal this year and can cause some problems there have been several software updates for this out there. I think it normally didnt happen till april but its lasting till november from what I have heard any else hear this??
Mike

travis89

Originally Posted by ScubaGuy
You guys always look at the negative :hilarious I get off a hour earlier :jumping: :scared:

You also get there an hour earlier