Cloudy tank

dexter

Greetings fellow SW addicts.
So the Raw shrimp has been in for about 3 days now and is looking kinda scary.
Question: Do I leave it in there until it's 100% decomposed or can I take it out after a week?
Also, I have noticed 2 small 3/4" long redish worms in one of my LR. Any thoughts? I can't find my camera or i'd post some pics.
And have any of you ordered LR from the following company? Tampa Bay Saltwater, link below. Testimonials rave about them.
Lint not allowed

Thanks - Dxtr :jumping:

keonia

Congrats.. Take the shrimp out. !!
:happyfish
Have you thought about what you want?
aggressive reef? or non aggressive? and what you want to keep in it?
:joy:
I bought my LR locally -- you can pick your pieces. Oh -- no competitors link :jumping:

darth tang

Originally Posted by Dexter
Also, I have noticed 2 small 3/4" long redish worms in one of my LR. Any thoughts? I can't find my camera or i'd post some pics.
Probably Bristleworms. There has been debate as to whether they are good or bad. Most are coming around to the thought they are good. I have a few in my Seahorse tank and had a few in my aggressive tank (but no longer they dissappeared). I haven't had any problems with them, so I wouldn't worry.

dexter

sorry about the link. didn't know we couldn't post links. :eek: won't happen again.
takin shrimp out today, and ordering LR tomorrow. LFS is pretty lame w/ LR selection
Right now i'm thinking mainly about my cleaning crew, not the fish. I got a bit of research to do before I pick the fish i want. Although my son reeeally wants "nemo" LOL
Probably gonna stick with non-agressive FOWLR until I upgrade to larger tank later this year. :jumping:
Figured they were Brissleworms, however they alll but dead now.....gonna check my levels tonite too and see where my numbers are.
thax for help - Dxtr

airforceb2

Dex,
I was visiting that site you referred to and I wouldn't suggest it. If you watch the video they have on the site, it shows how crappy they treat the rock once it is harvested. I would stick to something you can trust. I know this site isn't too bad at all on LR with a decent price (free shipping). If you look on the auction site the price per pound is cheap but shipping makes the rock out to be around $5 to $6 a pound and you are putting trust in UPS to get it to you on time plus you don't know how that rock was treated at the sellers establishment.

dexter

Thanks Bob, I was wondering that myself about the 19 buckets of rock coming back out of water the whole time....made me start thinking.
I'll look into this LR here, got 9 lbs of LR now and 20lbs of LS.
Cycle hummin right along :yes:
Dxtr