Cloudy Water

joejoe

So today I decided to take my LR and search each piece for the mantis shrimp. I luckily found him and got him out and he is now sitting in a smaller tank. I put the LR back in, but now the tank water is pretty cloudy. What should I do? Should I turn off my powerheads? Also, when I turn off the powerheads, should I turn on my hang on back protein skimmer to keep some flow going in the tank until the water clears up?? I'm currently cycling my tank. Any suggestions would help!!

timsedwards

ok if your cycling sometimes normal to have some cloudiness.
Do you have a cannister filter? If so bung some activated carbon in there, that polishes the water.
If you disturbed it big time, its only natural for it to be cloudy, dont worry, it will settle.
Tim.

joejoe

Nope don't have a cannister filter. Alright so basically keep the ph's goin and it'll settle soon enough. I don't really mind the cloudiness since the tank is new and still goin through the cycle. Thanks!!

timsedwards

OKie dokie, you might want to buy a second hand/cheap cannister filter just for times like this, or when you need to run a medical treatment and you need carbon. or perhaps a PO4 sponge...
Tim.